awards are called Certificates, Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas and are taught in TAFEs
(Public Business Schools), Universities and Private Business Colleges.
Any student who has successfully completed Senior High School (Year 12) can be admitted in Diplomas or Advanced Diplomas. If not, you can only be admitted at Certificate level first and then go on further onto Diplomas.
Teaching amounts to 20 hours per week maximum, is based on practical learning and specialises you in a selected career so that you are totally operational after 1 to 2 years of training.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
- The Diplomas offered by Universities allow you to be admitted in the 2nd year of most Bachelor Degrees.
- The TAFEs are public schools but their training costs are often more expensive than Business Colleges ; however, TAFEs offer a wide range of specialisations which are not necessarily all open to international students. Contact us
for more details
TECHNICAL DETAILSCourse Duration :
Certificates last from 3 months to 1 year; Diplomas from 1 to 2 years; Advanced Diplomas from 1 to 3 years. Intakes:
start dates vary according to the institutions, from monthly to twice a year (February and July) Tuition fees:
between AU$6000 and AU$22,000 per year (payment by term) Entry requirements:
- Minimum High School Leaving Certificate for all Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas; minimum year 10 for Certificates
- English level equivalent or superior to Upper Intermediate or IELTS 5.5 overall General Training or TOEFL 197 computer based (NB: Universities and TAFEs require an IELTS or TOEFL score whereas most Business Colleges are more flexible and a final English certificate from your Language school is enough Specialisations:
Australia offers all types of training. TAFEs are the providers with the largest training selection (over 30 different careers!), whereas, private business colleges concentrate mainly on the following careers: Information Technology, Management, Marketing, International Business, Accounting, Travel and Tourism, Multimedia, Graphic Design, Child care. Diploma recognition:
for any qualification to be recognized internationally and awarded to international students, the selected training providers must be accredited by Vocational Training Accreditation Boards in each state and be granted CRICOS numbers for each qualification.
For more information, please consult the government official website
- Vocational training is not only useful to students who have just terminated their high school leaving certificates but also for University or technical graduates who need some complement training (such as an Engineer who needs some managment skills or a Doctor some massage skills….) or whose English level is not high enough to enter university, or whose budget is limited ;
- If your level of English is upper intermediate or advanced and you want to spend one year in Australia, we advise you to apply for a 1 year vocational course in the specialization that you like: it would permit you to improve your english, obtain the professional vocabulary you need and be awarded with an internationally recognized qualification !!
- If your level of English is intermediate, consider a package programme including 10 wks of English and a 6 month or more vocational training of your choice. Contact us
for more details.
OUR FAVOURITESPost diploma Graduate Certificate in Marketing, Sydney:
university level at the price of and entry requirements for diplomas, 6 months only, open only to those with at least 2 years of post-secondary studies or 6 years work experience.Contact us
for more details or apply online
if you know what you are interested in.
We cover the whole Australia, therefore we can provide you with a wide range of English courses. Below is a list of our favorite language schools in Australia. We will send you more information about our schools we have selected all the courses and schools that suit you.
Click here to see all our partners around Australia